Explain the Facts of the Internet to Your Child by
communicating on the Internet with
safety on the street ---
THEY WOULDN’T TALK WITH STRANGERS ON THE STREET, DON’T TALK WITH STRANGERS ON THE ‘NET!
- Telling them that the information that they give out over the Internet can go to total strangers.
Tell Them Not To
- Give out personal information such as their name, address, age, telephone number, or a sibling’s personal information
- Post their pictures on the Internet
- Download photos from unknown sources
- Arrange to meet in person someone they met on the Internet who they don’t know
- How to use child protection safeguards that your Internet provider offers
- How to put child protection software on your computer
- How to check the “History” of sites that your child visits