Trinidad and Tobago Citizen Convicted in Double Homicide For Murdering His Sister and Former Girlfriend

Tuesday, December 21, 2021


Trinidad and Tobago Citizen Convicted in Double Homicide
For Murdering His Sister and Former Girlfriend

Defendant Faces up to 50 Years to Life in Prison When He is Sentenced

Brooklyn District Eric Gonzalez today announced that a former Brooklyn resident has been convicted of two counts of murder for shooting to death his sister and former girlfriend in July 2002. The defendant then fled Brooklyn and remained at large until his arrest in Bridgeport, Connecticut in 2018.

District Attorney Gonzalez said, “For almost 20 years, the family and friends of Patricia Neverson and Donna Davis have waited for this defendant to be brought to justice. This verdict ensures that this defendant will no longer threaten public safety in our communities, and hopefully brings a small measure of solace to the victims’ loved ones.”

The District Attorney identified the defendant as Andre Neverson, 57, of Trinidad and Tobago. He was convicted yesterday of two counts of second-degree murder and one count of second-degree criminal possession of a weapon following a jury trial before Brooklyn Supreme Court Justice Danny Chun. The defendant will be sentenced on January 31, 2022, at which time he faces up to 50 years to life in prison.

The District Attorney said that, according to the evidence, on July 8, 2002, Neverson fatally shot his older sister, Patricia Neverson, 39, in her Crown Heights, Brooklyn home following an ongoing dispute between them. She was shot in the head and body and was found later that same night.

Later that day, at around 6:20 p.m., Neverson picked up his former girlfriend, Donna Davis, 38, at Audrey Cohen College in Queens. After she got in his minivan, she was never seen again, until, according to the evidence, her body was found dumped in an empty lot in East New York, Brooklyn, with a gunshot wound to her head.

Neverson fled Brooklyn, but was apprehended on September 4, 2018, in Bridgeport, Connecticut by the U.S. Marshals Service and returned to Brooklyn.

The District Attorney thanked Supervising Paralegal Jannette Ayala and Paralegals Meghan Brancato and Angelika Rostkowska, of the Homicide Bureau for their assistance on the case.

The case was prosecuted by Assistant District Attorney Timothy Gough, Chief of the District Attorney’s Homicide Bureau, and Senior Assistant District Attorney Daniel M. Murphy, also of the Homicide Bureau.


An indictment is an accusatory instrument and not proof of a defendant’s guilt.