All homicides that take place in Brooklyn are referred to the Homicide Bureau for review. Although the bureau refers certain cases to other bureaus for prosecution (such as those related to domestic violence or gangs), the Homicide Bureau itself investigates and prosecutes a large majority of the homicides, including many of Brooklyn’s most complex and high-profile murder cases. The bureau, which is comprised of some of the agency’s most experienced assistant district attorneys, also serves as legal adviser to the police in homicide cases.
Recent Press Releases:
- Brooklyn Man Sentenced to 15 Years in Prison for Fatally Shooting 23-year-old Man Outside East Flatbush Home
- Trinidad and Tobago Citizen Convicted in Double Homicide For Murdering His Sister and Former Girlfriend
- Sheepshead Bay Man Pleads Guilty to Fatally Shooting Estranged Wife
- Fugitive Arraigned for Cold Case 1996 Murder After Extradition from the Dominican Republic
- Woman Arraigned on Indictment for Shooting Death of Another Woman in Crown Heights