All homicides that take place in Brooklyn are referred to the Homicide Bureau for review. Although the bureau refers certain cases to other bureaus for prosecution (such as those related to domestic violence or gangs), the Homicide Bureau itself investigates and prosecutes a large majority of the homicides, including many of Brooklyn’s most complex and high-profile murder cases. The bureau, which is comprised of some of the agency’s most experienced assistant district attorneys, also serves as legal adviser to the police in homicide cases.
Recent Press Releases:
- Brooklyn Man Charged with Murder and Reckless Endangerment for Deliberately Chasing Down and Crashing His Car into Cyclist
- Brooklyn Man Convicted of Murder of Manhattan Chef
- Brooklyn Man Sentenced to 25 Years to Life in Prison for Fatally Shooting Two Men in Brownsville Following an Earlier Argument
- Brooklyn Man Arraigned on Indictment Charging Him with Murder For Fatal Shooting in Sunset Park
- Brooklyn Man Sentenced to 25 Years to Life in Prison for Fatally Shooting Livery Cab Driver During Attempted Robbery